We are very excited to make this announcement.
In response to Governor Pritzger’s Executive Order Number 38 released on May 29, 2020 and information contained therein related to the “Free exercise of religion’ exemptions. the Holy Cross Leadership Task Force has decided to begin services again starting this coming weekend.
This has been a very challenging time for everyone. We do realize that some of you may be upset that we’re reopening, while some may be upset that we didn’t reopen sooner, or that some will be upset that some of the things we are doing have changed for now. We are doing our best to navigate through these waters and we continue to ask God for His leading and wisdom. And having absolute faith as described in Romans 8:28 “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”
We have much to be thankful for and He has certainly used this for good at Holy Cross. From starting a Recording Ministry, to former members coming back to Holy Cross, and new worshipers experiencing our online service and wanting to come to Holy Cross, as well as pulling the Leadership within the church even closer together. He is always at work – Praise God!
Please know that if anyone does not feel comfortable with coming to a service yet, we do understand. We are going to continue recording a service and posting that online so that you can continue to worship and join us in person when you feel ready. The Recording Ministry, headed by Ken Hauser, will record the Sunday morning 8:30 service. The service will then be posted online sometime Sunday afternoon.
Below is the outline and process highlights that we will use to safely begin worshiping together again:
- Services – We will start by holding two services:
- Saturday 5:30 PM – Traditional
- Sunday 8:30 AM – Semi-blended with two contemporary songs
- Worshiping Safely:
- Face masks and social distancing are required. We ask that all those who attend bring your own mask if you have one and wear it while on the church property (inside and outside). If you forget yours, the church will have some on hand to help.
- We have disinfecting wipes to clean your hands before you enter the sanctuary.
- Doors Enter / Exit – Only the Sanctuary doors in the front of the church will be used to enter and exit. Ushers will provide direction and hold the doors to limit the hand touching on handles.
- Recording – The Recording Ministry headed by Ken Hauser will record the Sunday 8:30 service. The service will then be posted online sometime Sunday afternoon.
- Bulletins – We will use the same bulletin for each service, and the bulletin will note which songs are for Sunday only; this will allow us to be more efficient
- Bulletin Distribution – Ushers will hand the out with masks and gloves
- Number of People – We will not limit the attendance and we will not request reservations. Based upon the latest average weekly attendance (not including these past few months) we had about 140 people worshiping across the three services.
- Tracking Attendance – Ushers will do their best to record attendance as people come in. This is for a just in case scenario IF someone would inform us they had tested positive for COVID-19 and were coming to services. This way would could do a more targeted reach out to make people aware.
- Seating Worshipers – Ushers will seat worshipers so we can control the pews were people sit
- Communion – Station Communion will be conducted. Directions will also be verbally provided during the service
- Preparation of Communion – Elders will wear masks and gloves to prepare the wine and wafers
- Communion Process Wine – Ushers will release pew by pew keeping social distance. Elders will wear masks and gloves. The individual wine / non-alcoholic wine will be in the trays, but only have about 15 per tray so the cups are all separated.
- Communion Process Wafer – Prepared with mask and gloves as above. When serving the wafer the communicant will cup their hands and the Elder will drop the wafer into their hands.
- Offering Plate – Offering plates will not be passed but will be at the back of the church where members can leave their offering.
- Exiting – Ushers will release from the back rows first
- Cleaning – we won’t bore you with the details, but the church will be cleaned each week or more often if deemed necessary
We are looking forward to once again seeing you and worshiping with you.
Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing His will, and may He work in us what is pleasing to Him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.Hebrews 13:20-21