From a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ,
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds because you know that the testing of your faith deepens perseverance.
Now, you may recognize this greeting and this encouragement from the opening of the book of James. We have certainly been challenged these past couple of months and it has not been easy for anyone. Unlike many in the world, though, we have the promises and true Words of our Lord and Savior that provide us Joy, a deeper faith, encouragement, and perseverance. Our God is with us, He has a plan, and we also know that He will use this for His good. We may not understand it now, but we can have faith in Him and His Words.
Halleluiah! – we will soon be able to rejoin in person communion worship services on a very limited basis. Following careful consideration and observing current CDC guidelines we will resume worship services beginning the weekend of May 16-17.
- Attendance will be limited to 10 members; appointments will be required to ensure we do not exceed capacity and to permit everyone to have an opportunity to attend
- Please contact Jean Hoger to request a reservation [847.602.0803]
- Worship services will be abbreviated to 20 minutes in length and are scheduled for:
- Saturday 11:45 a.m.
- Sunday 9:00 a.m.
- Sunday 9:45 a.m.
- Sunday 10:30 a.m.
- Social distancing (6 feet of separation) and facemasks will be required
- The Lord’s Supper will be provided in a safe and sanitary manner
We believe that a cautious and measured plan to reopen provides the safest approach for the good of all church and community members. Thank you for your understanding and patience as together we embark on this new journey.
Continue to stream our online recorded worship services, follow Pastor’s devotions, spend time in prayer each day and stay connected with family and friends. Please keep Holy Cross and our leaders in your prayers for wisdom and guidance.
Yours in Christ, Pastor Gruen, the Elders, and the Governing Board